Join our gene pool.
2020 Summer Internships
Workplace Experience Intern - Environmental, Health & Safety
South San Francisco, California, United States
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Intern provides operational support on safety and environmental matters. The specialist must have a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety and compliance assurance, and a willingness to support the safety-first culture on the Site. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Assist in ensuring compliance with applicable safety and environmental regulations including completing risk assessments and developing solutions to improve compliance.
- Develop EH&S reports to track chemical usage, energy, waste, etc.
- Prepare and revise elements of the EH&S system including procedures, change control documentation, investigations, discrepancies, and training materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- Proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
- A thoughtful mindset
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Great sense of humor
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage expectations, adapt to a variety of personalities and build and nurture relationships
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focus on crisp execution and seeing tasks to full completion
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and GSuite
- Able to walk or stand several hours per day and to lift up to 30 pounds
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or related field.
Join the gene pool as part of 23andMe’s Summer Intern Class of 2020! Our Summer Internship Program is full-time for 12 weeks and provides opportunities to be involved in work that’s impactful at a mission-driven company. All internship opportunities are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The expected start dates are in May or June depending on your school schedule. Please note, students will be responsible for their own housing and relocation. All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.