Join our gene pool.
Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist I who will contribute to the generation, characterization and engineering of antibodies across the Therapeutics portfolio.
For more information about our Therapeutics team, please visit https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Execute antibody engineering to improve desired properties for therapeutic development using molecular biology approaches including phage display and mutagenesis
- Perform antibody production, characterization and biochemical / biophysical analysis in high-throughput manner
- Support large-scale antibody sequence and structural model analysis
- Collaborate with therapeutic leads to plan the strategy for antibody discovery and optimization engineering
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of research experience in molecular biology, protein engineering, antibody engineering, biochemistry, structural biology or related field, or Master's/Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of industry experience with proven record of accomplishments and publications.
- Strong technical expertise in wide range of molecular biology and protein engineering techniques, including mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design, protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization (ELISA, BIAcore, Octet) and sequence analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.