Join our gene pool.
2020 Summer Internships
Therapeutics Intern - Research Associate (Biology)
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from
the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s
possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Our Therapeutics team uses the genetic data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat
important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic
areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
What you’ll do
- Design and perform molecular, biochemical and cell-based assays for target validation and screening of therapeutic candidates
- Work closely with the manager on a project to support drug development
- Present and discuss data in team research meetings
- Keep accurate and complete laboratory documentation and electronic files
What you’ll learn
- Acquire experience in drug discovery and early-stage drug development
- Become familiarized with the fast-paced industry environment
- Learn to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Learn to design and generate decision-enabling data
Who you are
- Familiar with tissue culture and basic cell-based, biochemical, and molecular biology techniques such as Western blot, ELISA and qPCR. Experience in flow cytometry is a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and driven to learn and reach team goals
- BS or be enrolled in an academic program pursuing a Master's or Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Physiology or related field
Join the gene pool as part of 23andMe’s Summer Intern Class of 2020! Our Summer Internship Program is full-time for 12 weeks and provides opportunities to be involved in work that’s impactful at a mission-driven company. All internship opportunities are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The expected start dates are in May or June depending on your school schedule. Please note, students will be responsible for their own housing and relocation. All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.