Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics Data Infrastructure Architect
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe's Therapeutics team, based in South San Francisco, is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets, performs preclinical research to enable human testing, and conducts clinical trials to advance potential medicines to market across a variety of disease areas.
The Data Infrastructure Architect will join our Therapeutics IT/Informatics team to design, deploy and direct the scaling of a laboratory application infrastructure that enables Therapeutics discovery and development. Duties will include business and functional requirements gathering among a large number of data and laboratory scientists and clinical development colleagues, architecting broad solutions that allow data to integrate, transfer and scale across multiple systems facilitating standard retrieval of data according to appropriate regulatory and quality standards. You will also be in charge of directing and being accountable for the implementation and customization of commercial-off-the-shelf systems used to track lab data, metadata, and documents, including planning for integrating diverse, existing domain-specific databases as appropriate.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Therapeutics discovery and development teams and Development senior management to understand system requirements and to document specifications
- Develop requirements, define the minimal viable products, and create timelines and workflows that prioritize critical functionality in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Interface with external vendors and our IT and Engineering teams to research and propose solutions for potential integration using off-the-shelf tools or custom programming
- Direct the implementation and customization of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and other scientific data capture and document management applications as determined with senior management review
- Interface with internal knowledge experts and external consultants
- Continue to evaluate and propose and direct improvements to the systems developed
- Work with an existing team of IT professionals to develop, implement and maintain these systems
- Create and communicate a multi-year lab architecture roadmap ensuring systems can flex and grow as required and align with the the broader 23andMe architecture landscape.
What you’ll bring
- Familiarity with Pharma/Biotech-appropriate cloud-based and non-cloud-based software solutions for LIMS, Quality Systems, ELN, Document Management, EDC, and other development-appropriate systems to inform your proposals
- Familiarity with relevant sections of 21 CFR and associated regulatory guidance documents regarding the use of computerized systems for regulatory activities
- Experience working effectively at an Architect and Senior Project Manager level to propose and direct implementation of software solutions
- Highly organized, proactive and able to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical end users
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.