Join our gene pool.
Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist, Antibody Discovery
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist or Senior Associate Scientist who will contribute to the generation, discovery and characterization of antibodies across our Therapeutics portfolio.
For more information about our Therapeutics team, please visit https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Design and carry out mouse immunizations with multiple protocols
- Handle all aspect of a hybridoma workflow including harvest of lymphoid tissues, perform fusions, clone picking and hybridoma supernatant screening
- Hybridoma antibody characterization including affinity and specificity determination, epitope binning and antibody sequencing
- Develop and establish novel methods to improve the current antibody discovery workflow
- Collaborate with therapeutic leads to plan the strategy for antibody discovery
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree (+5 years’ industry experience), Master’s (+3 years’ industry experience), or PhD in cell biology, immunology, or related field, with a proven track record of success in antibody generation and characterization using immunization-based antibody-discovery technology
- Strong technical expertise in all aspects of hybridoma technology including immunization, tissue harvest, and fusion and all facets of hybridoma culturing and characterizing (ELISA, FACS and functional cell-based assays)
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
- Experience in applying single B-cell antibody technologies to antibody discovery (e.g. single cell FACS sorting, microfluidics)
- Experience with methods of direct measurement of bio-molecular interactions such as Bio-Layer Interferometry (Octet) and/or surface plasmin resonance technology (Biacore)
- Expertise in hybridoma sequencing including sample preparation using either Sanger sequencing or the Ilumina Miseq platform
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.