Join our gene pool.
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an amazing Executive Assistant with high energy, strong project management skills and a proactive attitude to support the growing Therapeutics Development Leadership Team. You will be an indispensable contributor, helping our execs execute on a wide variety of important and pressing initiatives. Your administrative acumen is top-notch and you understand the broad strokes of executive-level operations and can navigate accordingly. Discretion and a high level of emotional intelligence are key traits you possess. This role will report to the Head of Therapeutics Development.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Handle active calendars for Head of Therapeutics Development and her Clinical Development Leaders
- Manage agenda, attendees and logistics of all recurring meetings, anticipating conflicts and solving scheduling issues
- Partner closely with other Executive Assistants supporting Therapeutics, other parts of 23andMe, and other external KOLs, for example, to manage frequent and short-notice schedule changes with meetings with other senior leaders
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Head of Therapeutics Development both internally and externally
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties: Prepare and edit internal and external correspondence and presentations, assemble documents and supplies as needed to support business activities, help track and drive completion of deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Effectively prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion
- Coordinate and book domestic and international travel
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Coordinate the processing of invoices, purchase orders and payments for vendors
- Make high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company; handle confidential information with confidentiality and utmost integrity
- Oversee office and lab space needs, working closely with Workplace Experience
- Assist in the planning and organization of team events and offsites
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments as needed
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 10 years’ administrative support experience with at least 5 years’ recent experience supporting C-level or senior executive(s) in a corporate environment
- Will be tech-savvy with excellent proficiency with Google calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, PowerPoint and Slack
- Experience with booking travel and expense reporting via Concur
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation. Ability to interact with a wide range of teams internally and externally with tact, sensitivity, and friendliness. High level of professionalism.
- Ability to think systematically and pivot quickly, anticipate needs and execute autonomously, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a high sense of urgency
- Highly resourceful team player
- Performs all tasks with confidentiality and maturity
- Unafraid to say no or exert opinion and influence in a personable way
- Will possess the flexibility and enthusiasm to respond to pressing needs outside regular office hours when necessary
- Bachelor's degree preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.