Join our gene pool.
Sr. Manager, Therapeutics Procurement
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is searching for a talented individual contributor who will drive improvements across all aspects of procurement and Operations.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
You will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to develop, lead and implement optimal sourcing solutions for 23andMe’s Therapeutics Division. You will be accountable for sourcing of services and goods, material planning, supplier management, and overall supply chain risk reduction and total cost management. The key to your success will be the ability to create and effectively manage procurement business processes and sourcing strategies that enable 23andMe to scale and meet our substantial growth plans. You will also help manage Operational support for 23andMe’s therapeutics needs and participate in new initiatives to drive operational excellence. A successful applicant will be familiar with the third party contractor organizations, sourcing strategies, and activities relevant to key internal partners, including Translational Sciences, specifically Toxicology, Pathology, and Translational PK, Research, both in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, Clinical Sciences, and Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls.
If you believe in 23andMe's mission, have demonstrated success in creating business value across multiple areas within procurement, and provide high levels of service to your business partners we want to speak with you!
What you’ll do
- Create, lead, and implement strategies to drive supplier selection, qualification, commercial negotiations, contract development, and contract administration activities.
- Exercise sound business judgment and a risk-based review in leveraging and implementing sourcing and procurement activities, including recommendations for alternative solutions that meet business priorities.
- Collaborate effectively with key partners in research and development to select supplier and site, contract and quote work, and ensure quality and completion of outsourced activities
- Enable tech transfer of manufacturing and/or assays to external partners with demonstrated expertise and relevant GxP compliance
- Manage supply and delivery of goods and services, to ensure unimpeded operations.
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology.
- Proactively encourage and foster effective teamwork, and actively solicit ideas from others that are used in seeking sound business solutions.
- Manage procurement transactions such as orders, invoices, packing slips, etc.
- Become the resident expert in PTP processes and systems and participate in projects focused on improving such processes and systems.
- Effectively manage the supply ordering system and catalogs maintained in this portal.
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts to the business by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are being met.
- Act with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including but not limited to supporting sourcing projects and supplier management activities in support of other groups within 23andMe.
- Help improve operational efficiencies for 23andMe’s Therapeutics division by implementing creative solutions and establishing performance indicators.
- Identify and support process improvement initiatives for 23andMe Therapeutics Operations.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in supply chain management, management sciences, biology, business or finance; advanced degree a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience in procurement, material requirements planning, Pharmaceutical R&D Operations and/or related supply chain functions, preferably in medical device, therapeutics or other similar regulated industry.
- Demonstrated success supporting R&D / laboratory environments and Operational and Outsourced activities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand the needs of different stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven aptitude to partner effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, suppliers, and internal/external customers).
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional groups and projects, developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and managing 3rd party supplier relationships.
- Demonstrated success developing, documenting, implementing and improving business processes.
- Work knowledge of GLP, GMP, and GCP and other associated regulations.
- Solid understanding or CRO, CMO, CDMO landscape, including capabilities and limitations of vendors and sites worldwide
- Ability to initiate and lead change, work independently, prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency.
- Experience with an ERP system is required. Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite and Coupa applications highly desired.
- Familiarity with general Pharma R&D area, pharma R&D terminology, exposure and experience in Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement needs, vendor management and therapeutics Operations needs and able to translate them into viable scalable solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with a diverse set of Therapeutics R&D SMEs in Discovery, pre-clinical, Toxicology, Development and CMC as well as Therapeutics leadership and Therapeutics Business Ops team.
- Demonstrated experience working with key stakeholders (R&D Finance, Facility, IT, Accounting, Legal/contracts) to help drive procurement and Operational support efforts.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back