Join our gene pool.
Vice President, Therapeutics Portfolio Strategy and Management
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases.
Reporting to the Head of Therapeutics this position will be the portfolio and business head of the Therapeutics Leadership team, providing strategic portfolio guidance and oversight of a team that delivers project management, portfolio planning, analytics and insights, alliance management, Therapeutics budget management and serving as a key business partner with internal/external stakeholders, including GSK.
This position requires cross-functional management, strategic agility, excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills, strategic thinking and influencing & leadership abilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the pharma / biotech business that combines business, planning, science, and strategy.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Therapeutics Portfolio Strategy and Management including analytics and revenue projections, NPV analysis and competitive assessment
- Collaboration Alliance Management
- Therapeutics Business Operations
What you’ll bring
- Advanced degree in a life science field
- Advanced knowledge of the drug discovery process, drug development and market planning
- Minimum of 12 years’ work experience including 10+ years of relevant experience within biotech or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in portfolio management and/or business development
- Proven ability to lead and manage people effectively
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize, organize and lead cross-functional biotech project teams
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand needs of different stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate and solve complex issues in a simple way
- Ability to lead function with a company first approach
- Embraces accountability
- Has good self-awareness
- Strong team player
- Able to give feedback to all levels of the organization, with the intent to do what is best of the business
- Inspires others to excel - promotes and nurtures commitment to the company objectives, values and business strategies; inspires and energizes people to achieve superior performance.
- Track record of developing and retaining top talent
- Communicates with impact
- Identifies problems and proactively solves them
- Demonstrates superior judgment - Makes timely, well-reasoned decisions on key issues of increasing complexity, considering all relevant factors and stakeholders.
- Shapes strategy – develops strategies that better position the organization to satisfy business needs based on a broad understanding of the business environment.
- Able to “helicopter” – Has the ability to roll-up their sleeves while being focused on achieving the big picture
- Drives execution - Executes decisively to achieve results that have a direct and major impact on business performance; communicates importance of business objectives and works to remove barriers
- Creates a high-performance culture - sponsors a culture where employees have clear performance expectations; provides targeted coaching and feedback and supports meaningful development activities
- Acts with integrity by maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.