Join our gene pool.
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our Security team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure used for massive genetic data science and computation. In this role, you will have a chance to work closely with researchers and scientists to understand how they are using the compute environments and come up with creative solutions to help improve on it.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Build AWS multi-account environments to support high performance computations
- Interface directly with researchers and therapeutics staff to design and tune workloads
- Support the use of bioinformatics and computational packages; including R, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and batch processing pipelines
- Develop and support scientists environments handling sensitive customer data
- Work directly with AWS architects and other infrastructure engineers to develop and maintain scalable and reproducible infrastructure
What you'll bring
- 5 years of experience in Security Engineering, DevOps or IT Operations roles, strong familiarity with the principles of DevOps or Agile development
- 2 years of hands-on experience securing cloud applications and infrastructure (AWS strongly preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Strong familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with building and maintaining containers
- Handy with Python, Shell Scripts, Makefiles, etc.
- Bonus: Experience with Cloudcustodian or other AWS auto-remediation platforms
- Proven focus on teamwork and collaborative interaction with operations and development teams and other departments.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Can-do attitude, motivation and ability to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back