Join our gene pool.
Scientific Curator (Contract)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We're looking for detail-oriented scientists with a knack for evaluating and summarizing complex scientific literature. Note: This is a three-month contractor position.
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insights into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You have a passion for science and believe that it is important to make genetic information accessible, relatable, and useful to everyone. You are comfortable evaluating findings from scientific studies, have a high-quality bar, and are a stickler for detail. You are preferably an expert in the field of genetics; otherwise well versed in another area of human biology.
What you’ll do
- Identify, critically evaluate, and record the findings of scientific papers
- Assist in ensuring the ongoing validity and relevance of 23andMe's current health reports
We hope you have
- PhD in Biology/Genetics or equivalent, late-stage PhD Students welcome to apply
- At least two years of research laboratory and/or clinical experience in human genetics
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and study design in the context of critically evaluating scientific findings
- Experience working effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and interdisciplinary environment
- Experience using public databases, genomic tools, and online scientific resources
- Impeccable attention to detail and an appreciation for process
- An ability to be proactive, thorough, and independent
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back