Join our gene pool.
Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The future of healthcare is changing at a rapid pace. 23andMe is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence to monitor health and genetics market trends, insights and the state of future health - and the impact on 23andMe’s business. You will report into the Director of Consumer Insights, in the Marketing organization. You will be responsible for conducting market landscape research, competitive analysis, identifying opportunities, and creation of strategic recommendations, and both internal and external SWOT analysis. Through grit, humility, and persistence, you bring strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Actively create and maintain a market landscape for today and in the future
- Integrate Consumer Insights learnings into a strategic perspective to identify competitive strengths and future health trends
- Maintain a deep understanding and current awareness of the healthcare industry, including digital health
- Help define partnership/market requirements, request and leverage qualitative and quantitative analysis of product/program performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities
- Respond to research requests from Executives, including company analysis and competitive assessments.
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of experience in a consumer insights/R&D/market analysis division, preferably health
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry, including digital health
- Proven ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level and to raise findings to upper management in a clear and concise manner
- Experience successfully leading and building strong working relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with rigorous attention to detail as well as strategic thinking
- Organized, self-starter, and ability to adjust to quickly changing landscape in consumer genetics
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back