Join our gene pool.
IT & Security
Secure AWS Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
A Secure AWS Intern at 23andMe works directly with senior cloud and security engineers to develop and advance infrastructure. They will encounter a diverse range of tools and technologies, and bring fresh perspectives to existing problems.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with senior engineers to build, improve, and deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Help 23andMe advance the state of its genetics compute platform and infrastructure.
- Learn about infrastructure automation, iterative deployment practices, and how to build confidence in rapid deployments.
- Develop tooling and process to allow consumers to easily understand and parse proposed changes to complex infrastructure.
- Technical Skills
- 2 years of experience using Python or other scripting languages to solve various problems and build automation.
- Familiarity with Cloud services is a strong plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.) a huge bonus.
- Comfort working with Linux shells, SSH, etc.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Interest in teamwork and collaborative interaction with other teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others in a fully remote environment.
- Can-do attitude.
- Experience with data visualization and mapping tools (GraphViz, D3, etc.).
- Experience structured databases and data document processing tools (JQ, SQL, etc.).
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back