What will you be empowered to do?
Associate Privacy Program Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a talented Associate Privacy Program Manager with experience managing and implementing complex, cross-functional projects and programs to support Privacy Program operations. Our Privacy Team’s mission is to ensure every customer has a private and secure environment to access and explore their genetics. This is a unique opportunity to work in a privacy-focused, collaborative environment, make meaningful contributions to our consumer products, and to drive compliance within an evolving privacy landscape.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Program Manager and Counsel to identify strategic priorities, define objectives and milestones, and successfully manage the execution of Privacy projects and Department OKRs, including compliance with emerging legislation.
- Support Privacy Team sprints and reporting activities, including sprint planning, building and improving reporting dashboards, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and quarterly governance meetings.
- Integrate and explore new technologies and tools to build efficient, scalable processes.
- Maintain and support the development of internal knowledge bases, policies, and procedures within corporate systems.
- Gather, maintain, and prepare evidence for internal and external audits of information privacy and security management systems (e.g., ISO 27001, 27701, and 27018), and assist with performing readiness assessments for compliance with industry privacy standards and certifications.
- Assist Counsel with discovery and remediation of incidents, Data Subject requests, complaints, and other investigations as needed.
- Develop and support internal privacy awareness and engagement activities, including new-hire and departmental training, and employee development programs.
- Develop testing procedures to measure and enhance the effectiveness of privacy controls, including automation.
- Develop and maintain a controls inventory for GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, and other privacy compliance plans.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects at a technology company.
- Familiarity with privacy laws, including CCPA/CPRA and GDPR, and a willingness to keep learning!
- Strong organizational, coordination, multi-tasking, and process improvement capabilities. You're able to manage proactive privacy projects while accommodating reactive requests from internal customers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and documentation skills. Proven ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals across business functions with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- A passion for championing customer privacy and an understanding that there are customers behind every datapoint who deserve a private, secure place to explore their information.
- Self-motivated, reliable team-player that thrives in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- CIPP certification.
- Experience with agile methodologies, sprint management, and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence).
- Experience working with teams developing user-facing products
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back