What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Software Engineer - Feature Engineering Infrastructure
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Feature Engineering Team. You will have the opportunity to solve engineering problems to power genetics research. You will help get data from research participants to researchers by building platforms for data analysis, creating new ways to present and explore big data, developing and optimizing data-intensive workloads, and power machine learning throughout the company. You will work within a collaborative environment of small fast-paced development teams that have a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information!
23andMe boasts an extremely rich and diverse feature landscape based on genetic and phenotypic factors, which are ultimately used in almost every product we create. We have genetic data for +15 million individuals and +2 billion singular/longitudinal phenotypic (non-genetic) data points. The Feature Engineering team supports the development of features used by our core consumer machine learning products and myriad other data products across 23andMe. The team designs best ways to represent features, builds infrastructure to enable data scientists to develop features, and develops data pipelines to compute and store features at scale.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and maintain libraries and APIs built in Python for effective feature development at 23andMe.
- Rely on CI/CD methods to ensure reliable code, continuously delivered.
- Build well-monitored, scalable data pipelines for feature delivery and access.
- Work across organizations to understand the needs of data scientists and content creators.
What You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education, plus 4 years industry experience.
- Expertise building libraries and services in Python, ideally in AWS.
- Preferred: Experience building data pipelines using AWS Batch.
- Preferred: Experience with scientific libraries in Python like Numpy and Pandas.
- Flexible work opportunities
- Be at the cutting edge of technology/genetics
- Work in a small tight knit/high impact team
- Competitive compensation packages
- “2021 Best CEOs for women”
- “2021 Best Work-Life Balance”
- 93% positive work review rating
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back