What will you be empowered to do?
Manager, Consumer Insights
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a researcher who is passionate about learning why consumers act and feel the way they do, and loves helping to share these understandings with others. Reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights, the Manager of Consumer Research will design, execute and analyze quantitative & qualitative market research, including survey research, consumer insights, and marketplace activity. The Manager of Consumer Research will deliver compelling insights and bring the voice of the customer to 23andMe. This role primarily supports the marketing and product teams, focusing on areas such as brand awareness, product development, new product launches, customer satisfaction, analysis of usage data, and customer segmentation.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Work with dynamic cross-team partners including product, marketing, analytics, Communications/PR, Business Development, Therapeutics to identify and fill key knowledge gaps about the prospective and current 23andMe consumer.
- Assist in planning and executing key market projects, business intelligence, and consumer insights.
- Creativity is encouraged to uncover the answers to the various department’s big questions.
- Oversee key consumer and market research data projects, from planning stages to the project's end.
- Project goals include identifying objectives, collaborating on project execution and evaluation, analyzing data, and delivering actionable insights.
- Provide execution, analyses, and methodological recommendations to help with research planning.
- Display excellent abilities to communicate with your colleagues about progress of project goals, as well as anticipating and responding to roadblocks.
- Manage vendor relationships, including developing work orders, budgeting, POs, and overseeing milestones and deliverables.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative market research in a consumer company or market research vendor with consumer clients.
- Familiarity with creating, executing, analyzing and synthesizing findings from market research projects.
- Experience communicating insights and recommendations via presentations to various constituencies from peers to executive level..
- Capacity to multitask and prioritize, in order to both think about and "do" market research.
- Strong interest in being part of the CI team and contributing to the group efforts
- Excitement to be included in decision-making and thought leadership in the organization.
- Ability to understand and appreciate research findings. Should be comfortable conducting data analyses, making conclusions from the data, and writing reports for cross functional teams, including those without extensive analytic background. Experience with R or SPSS required.
- The ability to interact in a fast paced environment with a high level of professionalism, remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
- Experience in a regulated industry is plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Advanced degree/studies in psychology, statistics, etc. a plus.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back