What will you be empowered to do?
Analytics Operations Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an Analytics Operations Engineer to join our Analytics team. We’re looking for someone with a strong foundation in both software engineering and data analytics to advance the team’s infrastructure, processes and workflow. In this role you will work closely with analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to build an effective and reliable infrastructure for developing and deploying analytical applications to our internal stakeholders.
Our team culture is respectful and collaborative; we place a lot of emphasis on mentorship and growth both within the Analytics team and with our business partners. An eagerness to learn and a willingness to teach are a must for this role. If you think you would be a good fit we'd love to hear from you!
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Build and improve the EC2 AMIs we use for data science work
- Manage and enhance our Google Analytics implementation that serves the Product and Marketing organizations
- Develop CI/CD pipelines for our Shiny Apps and the company metrics dashboard
- Help analysts and data scientists develop Shiny Apps and Quicksight dashboards
- Act as liaison with our Data Engineering team on data definitions and ETL workflows to ensure consistent, high-quality data for decision making
- Own and maintain our Rstudio Connect installation
- Bring rigor and technical excellence to our internal documentation and processes
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of industry work experience in an analyst, devops engineer or similar software engineering role
- B.S. in statistics, mathematics, engineering or a related field.
- Skilled in R, SQL and AWS. Google Analytics Git, and Python are a plus.
- Strong attention to detail for designing, building, and debugging critical processes
- A customer-focused mindset; the entire analytics organization will depend on your solutions and benefit from each incremental improvement.
- Note: For this position, we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back