Join our gene pool.
SRE Deploy Team Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a dynamic individual to lead a team of SREs that support engineers and researchers. Strong customer support, troubleshooting and system administration skills are required. For this newly created role, you will lead, develop, and grow an SRE team. You will drive the creation and review of service quality metrics.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Manage, develop and grow an SRE team
- Lead the “service council” which reviews service quality metrics
- Implement and develop processes that drive operational excellence
- Drive the creation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- Technical BS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience in technical leadership
- Expert level system or network administration experience
- A strong desire to automate and use tools to avoid repeated tasks
- Excellent communication skills. Can sus out what needs to be done even when faced with incomplete requirements.
- Experience in solving problems with at least one of Python, Ruby, Perl (or equivalent)
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, Google cloud, etc.
- Comfortable with at least one of Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Project management expertise
- Interest and understanding of some of the science behind DNA
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back