Join our gene pool.
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic antibody candidates for unmet medical needs. As a member of our Antibody Engineering group, the successful candidate will bring expertise in antibody discovery and antibody characterization as well as solid experience in therapeutic antibody development process.
What you’ll do
- Construct antibody phage libraries for antibody discovery
- Screen and characterize antibodies using biochemical assays (ELISA, SPR, BLI, etc.)
- Optimize antibody properties through affinity maturation and engineering
- Perform hybridoma or B cell cloning for therapeutic antibody candidates
- Collaborate with other researchers in cross-function teams
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree (+ 5 years’ related experience) or a Master’s degree (+ 3 years’ related experience) in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering, or related field
- Strong skills in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience in therapeutic antibody development
- Experience in hybridoma cloning, antibody purification, expression and characterization
- Working knowledge in the application of deep sequencing in antibody engineering
Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has more than 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.