Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Scientist / Senior Scientist - Health R&D
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced data scientist to join our Health R&D team. The Health R&D team’s goal is to identify and develop the next generation of 23andMe health products. Are you excited to use 23andMe data to create novel consumer health products? Are you ready to think big about what’s next in the world of genetics and personalized medicine? Come join us in this new role!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product and Engineering, to turn early stage research projects into consumer-facing products
- Develop pipelines for processing and analyzing health and biometric data sets
- Define methods for analyzing large genetic and phenotypic data sets
- Build models to predict health outcomes from genetic and lifestyle data
- Communicate project results both verbally and in writing to scientists and nonscientists
What you'll bring
- PhD or MS in statistics, computer science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Data and statistics: strong skills in applied statistics, ideally including experience in some of the following: epidemiology, machine learning, building data pipelines, causal inference
- Coding: strong coding experience in Python and/or R. SQL is a plus. At home in a Unix/Linux environment. AWS experience is a plus
- Product focus: passionate about consumer health and building great products. Experience generating and executing on novel ideas
- Culture: a history of being proactive, thorough, and independent. Teachable, curious, and willing to learn.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back