Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented Data Scientist to join our Genetics Platform Analytics team. This group participates in the product development process by monitoring data quality generated by multiple 23andMe lab partners who process diverse sample types and experimental methods. The lab samples and results will require tracking and management and some studies will support regulatory submissions.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Maintain Operations team analysis code that will include:
- Optimize performance
- Ensure code management
- Track bug fixes
- Extend functionality
- Increase scalability
- Write unit and functional tests
- Develop new methods to monitor production laboratory process stability
- Develop data management strategies / tools for various laboratory data types and laboratory processes
- Design, create, and maintain relational databases and data systems
- Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques
What you’ll bring
- Master’s in Biology, Computer Science, or related field with strong programming and data analytical skill
- 2+ years of industry work experience
- Good working knowledge of Python
- Ability to perform statistical analyses in R
- Knowledge of SQL, data modeling and databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and desire to deliver work of the highest quality
- Hands-on experience working with large data sets
- Experience with biological data sets
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has more than 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.