Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer - Genetics Platform
Mountain View, CA, United States
Join 23andMe in our mission is to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding software engineer who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
Create scalable software to process vast amounts of genetic data in AWS. Enjoy a collaborative environment with a small team working on our genetic data processing pipelines.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Design software in a service-based architecture to process massive amounts of genetic data from multiple sources and assay technologies
- Build libraries and automation to speed product development
- Analyze genetic data to improve accuracy and broaden the 23andMe product offering
- Crunch an ever-increasing volume of data through scientific workflows
- Solve performance and scalability issues and build for the future
- Collaborate with top-tier researchers and data scientists
What you'll bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduation industry experience
- Knowledge of modern AWS deployment practices (eg. CloudFormation)
- Strong Python skills and experience with version control systems
- Experience with large scale data processing
- A healthy interest in genetics!
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.