Business Development Manager - Pharmaceutical/Clinical Trial Business
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to support partnering efforts and new business opportunities. You will have a life sciences background and the proven ability to source, pitch, and land deals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, clinical operations, and /or health tech space. This role will report to and work closely with both the Director, Business Development and Director, Clinical Trials Business, and interact with a broad range of 23andMe teams.
What You’ll Do
- Identify new partnering opportunities across industry, academia, and the non-profit sectors and conduct due diligence by gathering relevant facts.
- Pitch opportunities and assets to potential partners and build strong relationships with external counterparts.
- Strategize on mutually beneficial opportunities and develop project plans in collaboration with partners.
- Work with stakeholders to collect and conduct analyses of competitive landscape data to inform strategic planning.
- Perform internal cross-functional feasibility and establish buy-in from multiple internal teams.
- Draft project plans, statements of work, and internal regulation documents such as those for resource planning.
- Draft term sheets and generate financial proposals for various deal structures.
- Identify and effectively negotiate key deal terms.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in business development or related revenue-driving role in the pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, clinical operations, and /or health tech space.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline preferred.
- Established record of creatively designing partnerships and successfully landing deals, including repeat business.
- Exceptional, confident, communication skills with both large-scale presentations and customer-facing experience.
- Experience working on projects that integrate scientific, legal, and business issues with an eye towards practical, efficient solutions.
- Excellent consensus-building skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines, and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude.
- Passionate about science, medicine, and business.
- Working knowledge of genetics is a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.