Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer, Informatics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented Software Engineer of Informatics with a passion for building applications and capturing data that delivers action! You love helping others and being part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplined team of high functioning communicators. You will embrace learning and live to rise to the challenge.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Leads requirements gathering, planning, and execution of software and database solutions
- Design, develop, test, deploy, Sustain and improve existing and new software solutions
- Develop validation procedures for software solutions
- Perform IQ, OQ, PQ on software systems and prepare the associated documentation
- Provide support for internal users
- Collaborate across multiple departments to gain alignment, champion our cause, and project manage
- API development
What you’ll bring
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics or other pertinent fields
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Must be a Python & API Guru!
- Strong experience with relational databases such as Postgres, ORACLE and MySQL
- Experience with Django or other frameworks
- Experience with web applications development
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, such as CLIA, CAP, etc. is a plus
- Detail-oriented work style
- A great teammate who loves communicating and working collaboratively
- Confident and a solution finder
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back