Join our gene pool.
Manager, Therapeutics Procurement
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who you are
23andMe is looking for an individual contributor who will help drive improvements throughout procurement and Operations.
You will collaborate with teams to develop sourcing solutions for 23andMe’s Therapeutics Division. You will manage sourcing of services and goods, material planning, supplier management and overall drug development risk reduction and total cost management. The key to your success will be the ability to create and manage procurement business processes and sourcing strategies that enable 23andMe to meet our substantial growth plans. You will also help manage Operational support for 23andMe’s therapeutics needs and participate in new initiatives to create operational excellence. You will report directly to our Director, Supply Chain and Procurement.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Implement strategies to promote supplier selection, qualification, commercial negotiations, contract development, and contract administration activities.
- Exercise sound business judgment in applying and implementing procurement activities, including recommendations for alternative solutions that meet our priorities.
- Manage supply and delivery of goods and services, to ensure unimpeded operations.
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and supply trends and shifts in technology.
- Proactively encourage and foster effective teamwork, and actively solicit ideas from others that are used in seeking sound business solutions.
- Oversee procurement transactions such as orders, invoices, and packing slips
- Manage the supply ordering system and catalogs maintained in this portal.
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts to the business by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements are met.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including but not limited to supporting sourcing projects and supplier management activities to support other groups within 23andMe.
- Help improve operational efficiencies for 23andMe’s Therapeutics division by implementing creative solutions and establishing performance indicators.
- Identify and support process improvement plans for 23andMe Therapeutics Operations.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in supply chain management, management sciences, biology, business or finance).
- 3-7 years of experience in biotech/biopharma procurement, Pharmaceutical R&D Operations or related supply chain functions (preferably in therapeutics or other similar regulated industry).
- Familiarity with pharma R&D terminology, experience in Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement needs.
- Experience and ability to work with a diverse set of Therapeutics development SMEs in discovery, pre-clinical, Toxicology, and other translation sciences.
- Ability to clearly communicate one's view with the ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand the needs of different team members.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with multiple team members (i.e., colleagues, suppliers, and internal/external customers).
- Experience leading cross-functional groups and projects, developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and managing 3rd party supplier relationships.
- Experience developing, documenting, implementing and improving procurement processes.
- Ability to manage change, work with minimal supervision, and prioritize while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency.
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle NetSuite.