Join our gene pool.
Scientist II / Sr. Scientist I, In Vivo Pharmacology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in rodent disease models and PK, PD, and toxicology studies.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development in disease models as well as in PK, PD, and toxicology studies
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
- Serve as the in vivo lead on project teams
- Mentor and manage Associate Scientists
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Master’s degree in biological sciences. PhD preferred
- 5-10 years of post-graduate work experience in in vivo pharmacology research or drug discovery, preferably in immunology or immuno-oncology
- Extensive experience with drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, PO) and blood and tissue collection
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing, mentoring and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Scientific training in immunology or oncology
- Drug discovery experience in the field of immuno-oncology or oncology
- Experience managing external collaboration partners or CROs
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.