Join our gene pool.
Web Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our new Web Marketing Manager will lead the consumer focused public websites, managing cross functional projects from investigation to completion to drive the 23andMe business. The ideal candidate is an experienced online marketer, who takes accountability to ensure a best-in-class site experience and is extremely organized, enthusiastic, proactive and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities. Come join our growing 23andMe team!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about working with a team of experienced product, marketing, IT and design teams in order to deliver a world-class quality experience to our customers. You appreciate how focused teams can collaborate to realize our mission in the world, and have the skills to understand, build and optimize the brand.
You are a clear and articulate communicator, but know how to be a great listener and observer. You get things done. You are mission-driven and passionate about improving health and the category of genetics. You’re empathetic and you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo to make it happen.
What you’ll do
- Drive effective communication and partnership with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, customer care, operations, legal and regulatory to enable best-in-class consumer experience, implement new marketing strategies and implement key roadmap initiatives.
- Drive the business to meet the 23andMe financial plan; ensuring the US and international locale web sites are updated accordingly with new product features, new products, seasonal initiatives, new site functionality and updated, relevant content.
- Manage deliverables for weekly site development including addressing engineering questions and limitations, design and marketing review, and QA across staging and production environments, ensuring the site changes continuously move forward free of issues.
- Manage and execute against our global consumer websites, (ie. 23andme.com, 23andme.ca, 23andme.co.uk, etc.), with an emphasis on the site experience and conversion across devices.
- Evaluate and report on all aspects of website performance - including campaign retrospectives.
- Manage our experimentation program on the pubsite - including prioritizing the testing roadmap and partnering with design and engineering resources to execute the tests.
- Own analysis, sharing communication and documentation of test learnings on an ongoing basis.
- Troubleshoot site issues and errors and work with the appropriate parties to get them resolved.
- Understand and leverage consumer research to execute new website content and creative through creative brief submission, collaboration with design team and copy, legal and regulatory review process, and creating engineering specifications (comps, specs, assets, copy and user experience specifications)
- Coordinate marketing team project prioritization with engineering.
- Drive new website or store functionality based on business needs and best practices, building business cases, benchmarking, investigating with cross functional teams and utilizing user research, if needed.
- Manage the tactical activities around site updates: writing up project requests and specifications, investigating engineering development time, project tracking and communication.
What you'll bring
- Proven ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and priorities compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior management
- Strong intuition for customer-facing messaging and branding
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to measure performance, provide strategic recommendations and determine improvements.
- Demonstrated track record of building and optimizing web experiences driving growth
- Competency in web and business analytics tools and reporting
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for health and healthcare with knowledge that there is a better way
- A passion for helping people and improving lives, globally
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or digital agency experience preferred.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.