What will you be empowered to do?
Creative Director, Design
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our multidisciplinary design organization is looking for an inspirational Creative Director to lead a team focused on new media, brand, and editorial content design. At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Considering every detail, you will help facilitate the creation of highly imaginative, intuitive, beautiful experiences and, above all else, experiences that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Guide end-to-end creative development for design across formats and technologies.
- Establish and push the direction of identity systems, including but not limited to; illustration, color, typography, photography, and symbols.
- Craft and manage creative briefs through partnerships with the Marketing and Product teams and the broader Design organization.
- Build and strengthen relationships with external partners and bring in new partners to help execute the creative vision.
- Support the teams' development through never-ending curiosity, refinement, and excitement of our craft.
- Lead by example, embracing creative conflict and transforming problems into additive solutions.
What you'll bring
- 10+ years of work experience in design with a proven ability to recognize and stay ahead of design trends.
- Track record demonstrating a creative edge in new media, showcasing a perspective on the creative process and aesthetic.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams delivering high-quality work while advocating for design, brand, research, and user experience continuity.
- Experience managing a variety of creative and campaign materials simultaneously
- Experience working on global projects with local teams.
- Ability to pivot through creative problem-solving.
- Genuine passion for health, science, and education.
- Bachelors Degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back