What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
Lab Systems Administrator/Sr. Systems Administrator
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Lab Systems Administrator/Sr. Systems Administrator who will be joining the lab services team to support our Therapeutics discovery and development, helping patients with an unmet medical need. The Therapeutics organization uses Benchling as a primary platform for scientific data capture. In addition to Benchling, we support a variety of information systems to enable Therapeutics drug discovery and clinical development.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the implementation and configuration of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and other scientific data capture applications
- Participate in requirements gathering and implementation for hardware, software, and infrastructure that are unique to the Therapeutics team
- Provide ongoing administrative support for lab applications including account provisioning, access management, configuring templates, and adjusting user defined fields
- Monitor usage of Benchling and other applications and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide technical assistance and training for end users. Contribute work instructions and knowledge base articles that can be referenced by end users.
- Hand-off technical information to the corporate IT Help Desk to enable the Help Desk to resolve routine technical issues
- Work with vendor services and support teams to implement new configurations or customizations and resolve issues
- Expected to work on site in our South San Francisco location two or more days per week
What You'll Bring
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. Or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in an IT Support/Administrator role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both scientific and non-scientific staff
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiar with centralized client management systems
- Experience supporting and managing web-based applications
- Experience in Drug Development, Biotechnology, or a related industry
- Familiarity with software validation or qualification procedures
- Python competency. For example, experience using Python to interact with a web-based API or using sqlalchemy for database interaction.
- SQL competency. For example, experience designing database tables or using SQL statements to query data
- Experience maintaining, supporting, or using LIMS, electronic lab notebook, biological or chemical registry, or sample management system
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back