What will you be empowered to do?
Bioinformatics Data Scientist
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Join 23andMe in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding data scientist who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
Work on the largest research database of microarray genotype data in the world. Improve and monitor the data quality of the 23andMe’s genotyping platform. Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to satisfy both consumer product and research content applications.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Develop new algorithms and employ machine learning to improve the scope and accuracy of 23andMe’s genotyping platform
- Create automated anomaly detection system to ensure the continuity of microarray performance over time
- Analyze historical data to identify probe quality issues and solutions
- Work with operations, regulatory, and quality teams to demonstrate and maintain the analytical validity of our assay
- Collaborate with top-tier researchers and data scientists
- Develop in-house tools to support team efficiency
What You’ll Bring
- PhD in Computational Biologist or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years postgraduate industry experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Strong working knowledge of imputation process
- Proficiency with Python programming language
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Strong working knowledge of NGS informatics is a plus
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back