What will you be empowered to do?
Genomic Medicine Director
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a Genomic Medicine Director to join our Genomic Health team. We offer an exciting opportunity to implement and grow genomic healthcare services within the context of a primary care and prevention lens. The Genomic Health team is core to 23andMe’s healthcare vision and execution, focused on delivering industry-leading genetic insights, providing comprehensive health risk assessments, and paving the way for our customers to get and stay healthy. The Genomic Health team includes medical professionals with expertise in genetic counseling, clinical genetics, general medicine, research, and public health who are dedicated to improving patient healthcare experiences and outcomes through consumer-driven genomics.
Reporting to the Vice President of Genomic Health, the Genomic Medicine Director will work closely with members of the Genomic Health team and will interact directly with the Lemonaid medical group and pharmacy. The Genomic Medicine Director will play an instrumental role in the design, implementation, and ongoing oversight of a new fully-integrated and consumer-oriented 23andMe genomic healthcare experience.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Apply your broad knowledge of the current landscape of genomic medicine to design and pilot new genomic healthcare services for 23andMe customers that leverage relevant technologies and provide a world-class and clinically useful experience.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and fully integrate genomic medicine into both the 23andMe digital health experience and 23andMe clinical healthcare services.
- Educate clinicians on the integration of pharmacogenomics into clinical care.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for genomic medicine by staying abreast of applicable regulations, regional community standards of care, and nationally recognized guidelines.
- Design and implement research studies evaluating outcomes related to genomic healthcare services for internal optimization and quality assessment and improvement, as well as for external publication.
- Contribute to national conversations and policy decisions surrounding consumer-driven genomics in healthcare by engaging with healthcare professionals, professional organizations and societies, and other external stakeholder groups.
What You’ll Bring
- MD, MD/PhD, or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) with residency or fellowship training in Pharmacogenomics
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a clinical or clinical research environment in genomic medicine
- Proven proficiency in understanding the role of genetics as it pertains to clinical medicine
- Experience designing and implementing clinical genomic medicine programs
- Experience in a rapidly scaling health tech environment is preferred
- Clinical research experience in genomic medicine is preferred
- Working knowledge of online clinical resources and databases (e.g., EPIC, PharmGKB, UpToDate, Medscape, others)
- Ability to excel as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, complex, and at times demanding, high-tech startup work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as a dependable and supportive member of a team
- Strong commitment to 23andMe’s core values and mission
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.