What will you be empowered to do?
Therapeutics - Portfolio Strategy & Alliance Management
Director, Portfolio and Project Management - Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking a talented and highly collaborative Portfolio and Project Management professional who will bring a proven track record of managing drug development programs from early research through clinical development. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Therapeutics Portfolio and Project Management Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for partnering with project team leaders for managing multiple therapeutic projects to timely decision points from discovery to development phases
- Establish and maintain integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads. Ensure alignment with functional representatives and overall program and company goals
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define deliverables and ensure they are provided within established scope, timeline, and budget
- Prepare and track project budgets including resources and costs in collaboration with Finance and functional team members
- Facilitate project team meetings, strategic discussions, team recommendations to Senior Management, ensuring functional alignment with team members and other key stakeholders; draft agendas and minutes, track of action items and project deliverables
- Facilitate cross-functional project communication, prepare clear documents and templates for project team and cross company communication, ensuring a single source of truth for projects
- Document, track, and archive project team activities, decisions, and action items. Work closely with the project leader, act as primary contact for project team related information.
- Provide regular competitive landscape assessments of our current and future therapeutics programs and specific therapeutic areas
- Lead and/or help develop key initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g., budget planning process, time tracking, portfolio management, communications, etc.)
- Develop foundational project management tools and processes (e.g., tracking tools and templates, integrated project plans, timelines, etc.)
- Oversee vendor management and Contract Research Organization operational process, including assessment and ongoing management
- Help manage collaboration projects with industry partners in collaboration with Alliance Management.
What You’ll Bring
- Master's or PhD in Life Sciences and a minimum of 9 years of direct project management experience in drug discovery and drug development
- Excellent working knowledge of drug discovery and drug development
- Previous experience in managing IND preparation, strategy and timelines required
- Direct PM experience managing drug development programs from research through Phase 2 is a must
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, understand and help teams to prioritize, and provide strategic and operational guidance
- Proven ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Excellent conflict management and resolution, ability to influence without authority, facilitation and negotiation skills required
- Strong leadership skills and ability to cut to the heart of a problem, find a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Exceptional communication, both written and oral, and timely response to project related communications
- Excellent organizational skills, maintaining project documentation for quick and easy access when needed.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, and business perspective
- Ability to establish a positive work environment, outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with team members and other stakeholders as the go to trusted team member
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite, Smartsheet, etc. a plus
- Ability to work from 23andMe's office in South San Francisco a minimum of 2 days per week
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.