Join our gene pool.
International Logistics Manager
Mountain View, CA, United States
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of logistics including vendor management, service level agreements, KPI reporting, freight bill audit and payment, resolution of all operational and customer service problems.
- Drive logistics initiatives from concept through to project completion within time, cost, and quality constraints. Lead project team meetings, drive cross-functional communication and decision making and ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational subject matter expert for import and export activities
- Establish/improve relevant quality standards, SOP’s and WI’s as needed.
- Ensure all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience directly managing international logistic activities.
- Experience managing outsourced logistics functions
- Ability to manage RFQ process with demonstrated success establishing and negotiating domestic/international service contracts
- Experience in a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a matrix organization and to manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Self-starter with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.