Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
Translate genetics. Transform health.
Our Marketing team is looking for an experienced Copywriter to generate content for 23andMe’s research initiatives, business development projects, and advocacy engagements. This includes study recruitments, disease community communications, and Health & Ancestry R&D projects. This role will help support the consumer research brand by instilling 23andMe’s brand voice into ongoing efforts to expand consumer participation in research and build new disease community and advocacy collaborations. Come join our growing team!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are excited about being a part of our mission. You are strategic and tactical. You love to think outside of the box and to execute in a scrappy start-up way. You want to join a team of like-minded individuals committed to translating genetics and transforming health. You want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts people’s lives, and you’re not afraid to make it happen.
Above all: You love to write! Putting words in their proper place is your passion. Like any great writer, you are a keen listener and observer. Like any great research writer, have a knack for distilling complex concepts into simple, consumer-friendly language. You also have the ability to conform to the demands of a regulatory environment without sacrificing the quality of your content (or losing your mind). You provide solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big – working towards leading culture, not following it. You bring more to the table than what is asked and you seek out guidance and marketing expertise from cross-functional team members. You are not afraid of failure and like to take calculated risks.
What you’ll do
You will work in tandem with the Research Marketing, Advocacy, and Business Development teams to generate engaging, tailored content for both internal and external research study recruitment efforts, disease community engagements and advocacy initiatives. Your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Generating content for landing pages, campaigns, social media for biz dev projects
- Collaborating with Legal, Regulatory, IRB, Business Development, and Medical Affairs personnel to ensure content conforms to FDA and/or IRB requirements
- Liaising with design team members to generate content for all research projects that may include landing pages, recruitment emails, messaging documents, FAQs, and educational materials
- Working on advocacy initiatives that may include disease community partnerships, educational initiatives, and awareness campaigns
- Collaborating with Consumer Marketing and Insights on educational campaigns for new health product offering
- Liaising with Product and Email Marketing to understand recruiting levers and message testing to be able to inform new study recruitment content.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, brand storytelling or content creation
- A passion for helping people and improving lives on a global scale
- Demonstrated excellent writing, research and oral presentation skills and proven track record for generating clear and persuasive materials across a range of complex subjects
- Experience in the healthcare industry generating content for research studies, product offerings, or educational campaigns.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks with a high degree of flexibility and creativity
- Experience in consumer marketing, non-profit, advocacy or government-related areas
- Experience working in regulatory environments (not required)
- Experience leveraging social networking (Facebook/Twitter, grassroots marketing programs)
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Confidence to think outside the box and execute big ideas
- Expertise in project management and working with cross-functional teams in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience interfacing with agencies, designers, and engineers
- Familiarity with project management tools online
- Experience working against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of A/B testing, user experience, analytics/testing and development
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- B.S. or B.A degree or equivalent required
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.