Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Scientist / Senior Scientist - Health R&D
Mountain View, California, United States
The Health R&D team’s goal is to identify and develop the next set of products and features that will drive the future of the 23andMe health product offering. We are building a world-class R&D portfolio and are looking for a scientist to join our efforts in researching and developing the next big thing for 23andMe customers. Are you excited to use 23andMe data to create novel consumer health products? Are you someone who is ready to think big about what’s next in the world of genetics and personalized medicine? Come join us in this new role!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Generate and execute on novel ideas with little guidance
- Use coding skills to dive into new and existing data to support ongoing R&D activities
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Health R&D team to generate new ideas, critically evaluate and contribute to existing projects, and build out the R&D portfolio
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product and Engineering, to take early stage research projects and turn them into fully functional features or new products
- Communicate project results both verbally and in writing to scientists and non-scientists
- Act as a scientific mentor and advisor for individuals inside and outside of the Research team
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Genetics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong coding experience (Python, R, and other relevant programming languages)
- At home in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Experience generating and executing on novel ideas
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data
- A history of being proactive, thorough, and independent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative and changing environment
- Experience with genetic association studies or epidemiology
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Experience with varied data types (microbiome, blood chemistry, activity, heart rate, etc.)
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back