Join our gene pool.
Blog Content Strategist
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Blog Content Strategist who can help build a clear strategy and roadmap for our corporate blog based on 23andMe’s business objectives and customers’ needs. In this newly created role, you will oversee content optimization, execute routine audits to drive ROI, and lead analytics dashboards and performance metrics. You will help build and optimize the leading platform that communicates the company’s goals and vision with external audiences including press, customers and partners. You will work alongside a Content Manager to help tell our brand’s story in a compelling, dynamic way. This role reports directly into the VP of Communications.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are someone who has the technical capabilities to build and execute a comprehensive strategy from the ground up. You should be a creative thinker who can engage our external audience online and have experience producing new content types. We’re seeking someone who can roll up their sleeves and take initiative, with limited guidance. You are able to learn from failure and quickly iterate while maintaining a positive attitude.
Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about providing consumers with more direct and affordable access to their health information.You’re empathetic - you want to contribute to something significant that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you are not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen. Ultimately, you will ensure our blog content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential visitors.
What you’ll do
- Build and execute a content strategy for 23andMe’s corporate blog, which includes overall technical and project management and ongoing optimization
- Advise and implement new approaches and content types to usher our blog onto a more modern platform
- Conduct keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ needs
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates)
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Follow industry-related best practices and generate ideas around trending topics
- Review and update published content, as needed
What you’ll bring
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in digital media, IT, marketing or communications
- Experience developing clear content strategies for consumer brands
- Strong track record in a management role where you have influenced others on strategy and provided good judgement
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work towards both long-term goals and short-term deliverables
- Real passion for working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience measuring impact of content strategy, and leveraging data to drive overall plans
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required
- Google Analytics certification
- WordPress, CSS and HTML experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back