Join our gene pool.
Director/Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a market research professional who is passionate about learning why consumers act and feel the way they do, and loves sharing this understanding with others. The Director/Senior Manager, Consumer Insights will focus on all aspects of quantitative research, from design through implementation, ultimately using the findings to deliver compelling insights and bring the voice of the customer to 23andMe. This role primarily supports the data needs of the marketing and product teams, focusing on areas such as brand awareness, customer satisfaction, and customer segmentation. The Director/Senior Manager, Consumer Insights will report to and work closely with the Vice President, Consumer Marketing and Acquisition, and interact with a broad range of 23andMe functions and senior executives.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and fill key knowledge gaps about the prospective and current 23andMe consumer.
- Monitor existing surveys and develop new surveys to support company and department goals and decision-making.
- Manage all aspects of Consumer Insights research projects, including identifying objectives, writing and programming surveys, analyzing data, and delivering actionable insights.
- Identify third-party market research vendors to perform data collection for non-customer studies and manage project-based agency relationships.
- Effectively communicate research findings across the organization so that findings are properly incorporated into overall business strategy, marketing strategy, and the 23andMe experience.
- Offer a strong voice and opinion in discussions with peers and executives; be a thought partner rather than a data reporter.
- Manage budget and employees for Consumer Insights department.
- Assist in group analytics and success measurement.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of experience managing and conducting quantitative research in a fast-paced consumer Internet company or market research vendor with consumer Internet clients.
- Clear and concise communication of actionable insights and recommendations via written and in person presentations to various constituencies from peers to executive level.
- Ability to understand and appreciate qualitative research, and to know when a qualitative approach is more appropriate than quantitative.
- Hands-on experience writing and programming surveys, and using SPSS to analyze data.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, and thrive handling multiple projects at once.
- Capacity to both think and "do," flourishing in a hands-on role.
- Self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Comfort with statistical research methods such as regression analysis and segmentation is required. Experience performing these analyses is a plus.
- A strong ability to source and manage external suppliers. Deep knowledge of specific vendor capabilities, ability to make good trade-offs, and hold your suppliers to a high standard.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back