Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Research Project Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Do you love science (and scientists) but have no desire to aliquot anything ever again? Do people naturally turn to you when something needs to get done? Does it drive you crazy when work is poorly organized and tasks fall through the cracks? Does developing an elegant, functional solution to a complex problem make it easy for you to get out of bed every morning?
In addition to being one of the biggest players in the direct-to-consumer genetics world, 23andMe is also performing cutting-edge research with academic, non-profit and industry partners on an unprecedented scale. We are looking for a project manager to join our research team and help manage these programs and projects.
The project manager will be responsible for projects within 23andMe’s Parkinson’s disease program. This person will coordinate the design and implementation of the infrastructure needed for each new project including study design, surveys, IRB approval, scientific advisory panel engagement, patient advocacy group engagement, recruitment, web content, communications and marketing. Following a successful study launch, the project manager will oversee study growth and engagement and eventually act as a liaison between internal and external research teams, partnered foundations, institutions, and organizations, and the participants.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Strategy, implementation, and evaluation of patient recruitment and enrollment methods
- Establish and maintain alliances with foundations, researchers, institutions and other collaborators
- Resource planning, meeting management, defining and reporting performance indicators, and identifying ways to improve processes for the future
- Maintain communication with team members across 23andMe including Research, Regulatory, Privacy, Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Business Development to facilitate project success
- Regular communication with research participants through email newsletters, blog posts, and online forums
- Test and evaluate methods that generate long-term engagement and study completion
- Ensure actions and processes are standardized, well-documented, and comply with all applicable SOPs and regulations
What you'll bring
- Advanced degree in a biomedical science (an advanced degree in genetics is a plus)
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time experience managing projects that integrate scientific, legal, and privacy issues
- Direct experience working on studies with human subjects
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complicated assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the scientific and medical communities
- Good working knowledge of human genetics concepts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines, and motivate others to meet deadlines
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back