Join our gene pool.
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health.
23andMe scientists, researchers, and engineers do groundbreaking genetic research every day, with over 1,500 genetic discoveries to date.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting to join our growing Finance team. You will have experience in accounting for inventory or tangible goods, COS, and related areas; inventory and costing experience in a laboratory environment is a plus. Additionally, strong Excel skills, the ability, and vision to understand a multitude of systems, and strong cross-functional project management skills.
As we are a small (but growing!) team this will be a role requiring deep involvement in all relevant areas, but also the vision to see the big picture. This position will report to our Controller and will oversee at least one staff.
What you’ll do:
- Play a leadership role in the day to day operations of inventory management and cost accounting, working with members of the accounting team, as well as cross-functionally with groups such as Supply Chain, Laboratory Operations, and Engineering
- Ensure a timely monthly, quarterly and annual close of related GL areas
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal teams to help develop scalable software solutions and processes to calculate, track and report inventory and COS balances
- Manage or perform inventory and COS related tasks such as: researching relevant accounting literature, writing memos or SOP’s, updating, and building Excel models as well as building and implementing systems used in calculating COS
- Analyze and report on the monthly inventory and COS data to provide meaningful insight into the business
- Partner with the business to understand cost accounting and reporting needs as it relates to new business channels or products; develop systems and processes to address those needs as new channels or products are launched
- Prepare documentation and memos for, and assist with annual external audit
- Assist the Finance team in developing and documenting enhanced policies, procedures, processes, and controls around inventory and COS.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on operational experience
- Advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets (100K + records), and advanced formula writing, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite, NetSuite experience a plus
- Experience with accounting for tangible inventory and COS is required, cost accounting and experience with costing in a laboratory environment a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to quickly learn and understand systems; general knowledge of database structures a plus
What we offer
- A respectful, fun, collaborative, dog-friendly work environment
- Fitness sessions like yoga, pilates and strength training in our onsite company gym
- Organic lunches five days a week from a talented local chef
- Healthy snacks and beverages stocked in every kitchen
- Optional treadmill desks and standing desks
- After-hours intramural sports teams
- CalTrain GoPass
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flex spending account option for health and/or dependent care expenses
- Life insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) with employer match
- Vacation and sick leave accrual and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A 23andMe DNA kit to get you started learning
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back