Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
Do you have experience supporting data pipelines 24/7? Do you want to own the portion of the dimensional model relevant to the subject area you first deal with? If so, let's talk! We are seeking an outstanding Data Operations Engineer (a newly created role) to be part of the Data Operations team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
In this role, you will initially be responsible for Data Operations / Data Services.
- You will monitor and support 24X7 data pipeline jobs and ensure SLA are met.
- You'll manage data pipelines and workflow systems, and troubleshoot and fix data issues in a production environment to ensure Data Integrity and Security.
- In this role, you will collaborate with others on the Data Engineering team to deploy/release/modify data pipelines, hotfix, permanent fixes, and performance tuning and capacity planning of data pipelines.
We hope you'll bring
- B.S. Engineering or a related field, plus minimum 5 years industry experience with some exposure to high volume data environments.
- Your deep understanding of Data Warehouse systems and hands-on experience with Python, SQL and PL/SQL.
- You'll bring strong knowledge database systems (Oracle, Mysql, Hadoop, Redshift) and understanding of transactional and dimensional modeling.
- Multiple years of in-depth experience in designing and implementing custom ETL in a Unix/Oracle environment will help you be successful in this position.
- Your interest in contributing to the novel framework that is employed for process management, workflow definition and execution and, reusable ETL component construction.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop, AWS ecosystems and big data ecosystem is also desirable.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back