Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
We are seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to be part of the team focused on providing friction-less access to data by our analytic and business users. This position will initially be responsible for dimensional modeling, source systems analysis and ETL to populate a subject area of the evolving data warehouse.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Develop and document your understanding of the business processes and related data and analytics pertaining to the subject area(s) you are assigned to. Typical examples include lab processing, transportation, cohort formation and growth and marketing activities.
- Define how the dimensional model is to evolve to handle the new data elements with a keen eye on the eventual use of the data in tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau.
- Learn and use the techniques used at 23andMe to design and implement Python based ETL to load and process data in our hybrid Oracle 12c/Amazon Redshift based data warehouse.
- Take periodic responsibility for providing on call support to our data operations team to keep our data factory humming.
We hope you'll bring
- B.S. Engineering or a related field.
- A keen interest in data systems, specifically in data engineering with some understanding of databases, ETL, and data modeling.
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL with a track record of being able to learn new material quickly.
- Disciplined and organized thinking skills.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back