Join our gene pool.
Clinical Laboratory Systems Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
This opportunity is developing a new Laboratory Information System for our laboratory which will require a build from the ground up. There are no legacy systems in place, which will allow you to streamline the system right from the beginning.
The 23andMe Laboratory R&D team is looking for an expert enterprise IT leader capable of building the computing infrastructure for an automated lab that will scale with the organization. You will design and implement the core infrastructure which will support a variety of scientific instruments, automation robots, and information processing unit(s), both local and running in AWS. You bring a DevSecOps approach to the systems you deploy, baking security and automation into your systems, and have experience running and securing a multi-OS environment. You will be used to a challenge and working in a dynamic environment as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for end-to-end network ownership, including standards, new builds, maintenance, troubleshooting and scaling. You will work closely with equipment vendors, 23andMe teams, and laboratory staff to build and lead the network infrastructure for an automated laboratory. You will integrate, and maintain systems such as: LIS, Databases, software(s) and automation systems. You will work closely with Laboratory Leadership, suppliers, and 23andMe system teams, you will plan and execute projects of high complexity within multiple functional domains. You will have the highest regard for protecting sensitive data and a proven track-record of ensuring data security.
What you'll bring
- A BS in computing or related field with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Deep experience in networking, systems, software; experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- A knowledge of the latest security technology such as CrowdStrike end-point protection, network firewalls, and Intrussion detection systems.
- Experience in integration of remote data sources to network (e.g. AWS).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to new information and autonomously re-prioritizing.
- Experience working with partners (including operations, regulatory, and compliance) to update needs assessment, evaluate systems, improve efficiency and accuracy within operational and business practices.
- A record of proactively proposing new development projects that support cost reductions and greater efficiencies.
- Ability to drive processes and performance management, including project plans, schedules, issue resolution, and scalability.
What would be really cool would be
- Understanding of process, laboratory or otherwise.
- Ability to maintain uptime of critical systems.
- Understanding of PHI and how to secure PHI.
- Experience working in a regulated lab environment e.g. CLIA/CAP etc.
- Understanding of ISO27001 and / or HITRUST.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back