Join our gene pool.
Senior Product Designer
Mountain View, California, United States
At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Our growing product design team is looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to create functional and engaging experiences that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information. Your work will impact the way people see their DNA and the way they live their lives.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Utilize strong design thinking skills as you manage projects, drive meetings, set expectations, and contribute to cross-functional planning
- Create end-to-end experiences as you partner with other designers, product managers, content strategists, and developers - user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and interaction prototypes from idea to launch
- Collaborate in setting hypotheses and goals to use live product metrics and customer feedback in your design process with support from analytics and user research
- Use strong communication skills to present, articulate and defend design recommendations and decisions within small cross-functional teams and to executive stakeholders
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture
- Play an ongoing role in developing guidelines and design systems, and advocate the consistent use of design standards across experiences
- 8+ years of experience in product design, interaction design, or service design leading projects for shipped consumer products
- Portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling perspective, your design process and a personal aesthetic ( link or PDF with at least one case study and/or prototype)
- Deep knowledge of design principles, user experience, interaction, and visual design, standards and best practices for responsive web and native mobile apps
- Mastery of design tools including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a team environment to deliver high-quality work while advocating for visual design, brand, and user experience consistency
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal analytical skills
- Experience designing for growth-related social or commerce projects and initiatives is a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back