Join our gene pool.
2019 Summer Internships
Therapeutics Summer Intern- Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Design and run biochemical and cell-based assays for target validation and screen, characterize, and develop therapeutic candidates
- Work with manager/ senior scientific researcher on a project to support drug development
- Present data in team meetings and research presentations
- Keep accurate and complete laboratory documentation and electronic files
What you’ll learn
- Gain exposure to drug discovery and development in industry
- Collaborate with cross-functional disciplines in a fast -paced work environment
- Familiar with cell culture and common biochemical, cell and molecular biology techniques such as western blots, ELISA, qPCR, immunofluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Must be enrolled in an academic program pursuing a Master's or PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology or related field.
- Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for 10 weeks (starting in May) and is paid.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.