Join our gene pool.
Operations Forecasting Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an Operations Forecasting Manager to coordinate the S&OP process and run scenario models to drive critical operational decisions. You will lead complex business forecasting, modeling, and planning initiatives.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about solving complex problems that touch many facets (supply chain, laboratory operations, marketing, and finance) of the business. You view complex requirements as an opportunity to simplify. You have humility, a bias for action, and a sense of ownership in your product. You are capable of working with passionate people to build consensus to keep projects moving in the face of difficult business and technical challenges. You are excited to play a key role in helping 23andMe scale as we transform the way millions of customers understand their health and themselves.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for overall operations forecast modeling system and process management as part of the S&OP cycle. Be the key steward of the S&OP process.
- Ensure data integrity within the forecasting tool, Vanguard.
- Establish and create a minimum eighteen-month rolling forecast from the S&OP plan for both near and long term operational planning needs.
- Evaluate demand and lab return models and key assumptions, implementing changes to drive improved forecast accuracy.
- Look to improve demand/lab return models with additional data inputs.
- Monitor/communicate actual performance during key promotional periods.
- Work closely with channel managers and the planning team to design and construct data analysis for scenario modeling of demand creation, promotional performance, and inventory and financial impacts.
- Challenge key assumptions as it relates to expected demand as well as supply.
- Work across marketing, product, operations, engineering, and analytics teams to define, communicate and prioritize requirements for high-impact analytics and engineering initiatives.
- Ability to influence team members, set alignment and gain collaboration.
- Analyze and make trade-offs, balance business needs and impacts with market constraints.
- Establish standard processes, policies, and routine analytics.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related experience; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a planning/business analyst role
- Financial acumen with experience forecasting and modeling sales channel scenarios
- Generally curious person willing to investigate and dive deep
- Attention to detail and general organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with business and technical teams
- Success communicating across organizations at all levels and managing various levels of employees
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back