Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Associate Scientist, Research Policy
Mountain View, California, United States
Do you love science (and scientists) but have no desire to spend your days at a lab bench? Are you motivated not only by getting things done, but by making sure they’re done right? Are you interested in learning more about the policy side of human genetics research?
We are seeking an associate scientist to support the development, execution, and maintenance of research policies that facilitate innovative research while protecting the interests of our customers, research participants, and other stakeholders.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
The 23andMe Research team is responsible for creating, and helping people benefit from, the world’s largest genetic and phenotypic research data set. We believe that behind every data point is a human being, and our responsibility to our research participants is a top priority. The Research Policy and Ethics group addresses a range of issues connected to our ground-breaking research program, including informed consent, research participation, privacy, and data sharing and management.
What you'll do
- Draft and edit research policies, and related documents
- Contribute to the planning and execution of policy initiatives and programs with multiple stakeholders
- Act as an internal contact for research policy-related questions
- Contribute to policy-related research projects, as needed.
What you'll bring
- Advanced degree in a biomedical or social science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in research policy or bioethics, or demonstrated interest in learning more
- Critical thinking ability, coupled with a strong moral compass
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience managing, organizing and executing projects with multiple stakeholders preferred.
- Familiarity with human genetics a plus
Note: You may be asked to submit a writing sample upon request.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back