Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
The 23andMe DNA Studios is a growing team of passionate creative thinkers, makers, and doers dedicated to bringing creative excellence to 23andMe’s marketing efforts, including product marketing, brand campaigns, social initiatives, and user education. We are on a mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories, and experiences that capture the voice, tone, and spirit of 23andMe’s unique brand.
We believe deciphering the human genome is the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetime. (A secret code in each of us!) We also believe the more we learn about our DNA, the more we learn about ourselves. Every customer interaction we have, every data point we collect -- the goal is not only to change the way people see their DNA, but to change the way they live their lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a Lead Designer, with a strong background in delivering integrated brand campaigns and engaging executions across digital, social, video, PR and internal/external brand communications.
You know how to develop strong creative executions across a multitude of channels (digital, print, video, in-store,OOH, ect.) that is on-brand, compelling and distinctive. You think strategically and understand that defining how we get to the perfect execution is just as important as the execution itself. You are highly conceptual and strategically minded. You love to collaborate with internal marketing partners, scientists, customer care teams and customers on a daily basis to push work from concept through to a final product.
You enjoy mentoring and guiding others to creative excellence. You can both execute and lead in the creation of best in class content, stories and integrated experiences across multiple mediums. You provide solution-driven initiatives, while also thinking big – leading culture, not following it. You are an energetic, positive, and hardworking team player who is driven towards achieving creative excellence and helping others to do the same.
You understand that behind every data point is a human being.
Above all: You love to create!
What you'll do
- Oversee a minimum of 3-5 creatives (copy & visual) at any given time.
- Lead in the development of guidelines and design systems and advocate the consistent application of design standards across experiences.
- Oversee and prioritize multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams in the development of briefs, strategy, PR, and decks at all phases of execution.
- Provide creative direction to creative agencies and partners.
- Maintain ownership of work, appropriately communicating with the team and ensuring alignment
- Define strategies that facilitate creative excellence.
- Attend all project kick-offs and present work to cross-functional partners for alignment and/or feedback
- Be a thinker, a maker and a doer who actively seeks out ways to shape the creative DNA of our brand in everything we do.
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative outputs and culture.
- Champion the voice and tone of the brand through cross-functional coordination, strategic planning, and hands-on approach.
- Know how to adjust brand in relevant ways.
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Manage the quality of all creative deliverables and ensure they meet DNA Studios’ standards for creative excellence.
What you'll bring
- 10+ years of experience in an integrated marketing design-related field at a design/interactive agency or in-house team.
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading cross-functional creative teams.
- Strong track record in a leadership role where you have influenced others on strategy and creative execution.
- Track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling storytelling perspective and high-quality aesthetics.
- The ability to take constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi-task
- Experience in the development of creative executions for direct marketing initiatives that can be evolved through testing and data
- You are hands-on, supporting your teams by understanding and guiding the creative process end to end.
- Positive attitude - strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a team environment, aiming to deliver high-quality work while advocating for creative and brand consistency.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Self-starter who can proactively help facilitate the growth of a larger vision within the team.
- Start-up experience a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back