Join our gene pool.
Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team to discover novel therapeutics to treat cancer. Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers with the ability to lead focused teams and early research programs in the immuno-oncology, immunology, or oncology disease areas.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Lead cross-functional and cross-company drug discovery project teams
- Conduct data mining towards new drug target proposal and help with cancer target discovery strategy
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays in the immuno-oncology disease area for lead compound identification and validation
- Perform biomarker discovery towards elucidation of mechanism-of-action and establishing clinical plan
- Mentor scientific researchers or junior scientists
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in biological sciences
- 3-5 years’ post-Ph.D. experience in basic research or drug discovery, preferably in immunology or immuno-oncology
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage people
- Scientific training in immunology
- Drug discovery experience in the fields of immuno-oncology or oncology
- Experience leading a cross-disciplinary project team
- Experience managing external collaboration partners or CROs
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.