Join our gene pool.
Network Automation Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Do you have a passion for programming? Building new systems? Working with a team to design automation tools to improve the reliability of network infrastructure?
23andMe is looking for an individual who can develop tools to configure, monitor, maintain, and visualize our global network connecting our offices, data centers, and AWS. The tools help streamline our processes for building and managing our networks. As we bring new platforms online, you will create the tools necessary to integrate these platforms into our existing automation environment.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with others to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure
- Build an automation platform to develop the required tools
- Use software/applications like Python, Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Leverage vendor APIs to interact directly with network equipment and databases
- Leverage NetBox (our source of truth) to its maximum potential
- Implement monitoring to keep track of equipment operations and initiate automatic repairs within the network
- Provision a test lab environment and test the tools to ensure 100% reliability.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years software development in a CI/CD environment (DevOps/SRE)
- 2+ years network engineering/administration
- Experience developing in at least one programming language: Python, Perl, Ruby
- Proficient w/ Linux/Unix command line and tools
- Comfortable configuring network devices via the CLI
- Knowledge of networking concepts (switches, routers, protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.)
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to continue learning
- A personal commitment to quality
- Knowledge of routing protocols and concepts: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc.
- Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems
- Experience w/ network equipment like Juniper, Palo Alto, Avocent, APC, Arista
- Experience w/ DCIM/IPAM software
- Experience w/ SQL
- Experience w/ AWS networking
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back