Join our gene pool.
South San Francisco, California, United States
The IT Administrator will oversee day-to-day support needs for bench scientists on the Therapeutics discovery team and administration of all company desktop and laptop computers at the South San Francisco site. Duties will include troubleshooting and maintaining Mac OS X and Windows end user workstations and also serve as a general technical resource, assisting IT Management with a variety of technical elements related to IT projects.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Act as point of contact for IT-related issues for the Therapeutics team
- Provide technical support to company and lab computers
- Coordinate IT requirement gathering and implementation for hardware, instruments, software and infrastructure which are unique to Therapeutics team
- Provide technical assistance and support to end users
- Provide A/V and meeting technology support
- Assist lab teams with support of internal web sites, network file share directory structure and content of file systems
- Perform new hire setups, including computer build and desk setup
- Maintain IT ticketing queue. Close tickets within the company SLA
- Maintain a small helpdesk, providing employees with a central location to get support.
What you'll bring
- Excellent problem solver. Able to quickly diagnose IT related issues and have the ability to use available resources (coworkers, internet searches, etc) to resolve.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Familiar with centralized client management systems
- Significant knowledge of a broad range of Mac OS X and Windows based applications
- Working knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly organized, proactive and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical end users
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be adept with interacting with all levels of the organization
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Network Appliances (NetApp filer), Unix and Powershell scripting, Virtualization (OpenVZ, VMWare), Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Working knowledge of client management, including JAMF (Mac) as well as any Windows Management Platform.
- Experience supporting users of electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 10 million customers worldwide, with ~ 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back