Join our gene pool.
Sr. Manager, Consumer Business Development
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager of Business Development to drive new business opportunities and identify trends and their impact on 23andMe’s business. You will report into the Product organization and be responsible for conducting market landscape research, competitive analysis, reviews of business opportunities, and creation of strategic recommendations, and both internal and external relationship building. Through grit, humility, and persistence, you bring strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Actively identify, source, and meet with healthcare start-ups to identify trends and source potential partners, either directly or on behalf of the leadership
- Collaborate with the Business Development, Product, Marketing, Legal and Research teams to execute our product business strategy
- Maintain a deep understanding and current awareness of the healthcare industry including digital health
- Structure, negotiate and execute partnering agreements across a broad range of deal structures
- Help define partnership/market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product/program performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities
- Conduct industry and market analyses in support of strategic management decisions, including review of commercial opportunities, market landscape reviews, partner/build/buy analyses and development of executive presentations
- Respond to research requests from the CEO, including company analysis and competitive assessments.
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of experience with business development and partnerships
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry, including digital health
- Proven ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level and to launch new products successfully in the marketplace.
- Experience successfully leading and building strong working relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally with executives at partner organizations
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with rigorous attention to detail as well as strategic thinking
- Organized, self-starter, and ability to adjust to quickly changing landscape in consumer genetics
- Advanced degree (PhD, JD, or MBA) preferred.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back