Join our gene pool.
Senior Accountant - Inventory & COS
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team. You will have strong general knowledge of U.S. GAAP and monthly close operations. Exceptional Excel skills, the ability, and aptitude to understand a multitude of systems, and strong cross-functional project management skills will set you up for success in this role. You will report to our Senior Manager, Inventory Accounting.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Play a key role in the accurate calculation, tracking, and reporting of Inventory and COS from our consumer revenue business;
- Partner with cross-functional teams to collect complete and relevant data on a timely basis to carry out monthly close standards and financial statement reporting;
- Have ownership over elements of Inventory Accounting, including researching relevant accounting literature, writing memos or SOP’s, updating, maintaining and growing the existing model to calculate monthly inventory balances and Cost of Sales (COS), performing General Ledger reconciliations and assessing system needs to support our existing and evolving operations;
- Analyze and report on the monthly inventory and COS data to provide relevant insight to the business;
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple internal teams to help develop scalable software solutions to calculate, track and report inventory and COS balances;
- Prepare supporting documentation, reconciliations, details, and memos contributing to our annual external audit;
- Assist the team in developing and documenting improved policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls around inventory and COS.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on operational experience
- Advanced Excel user comfortable with large data sets , and advanced formula writing, strong with other Microsoft Office applications and Google suite, NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, cost accounting experience a plus but not required
- Ability to quickly learn and understand financial systems; general knowledge of NetSuite and database structures a plus;
- Self-starter comfortable working in a demanding and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the company and outside auditors
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back